Neighborhood Feature: Gray's Crossing
Gray’s Crossing in Truckee, CA has always been a favorite neighborhood of TEG. Today on the blog, we want to call out all of the reasons we think you’ll love calling Gray’s Crossing home.
When you purchase a home or a lot in Gray’s Crossing, you’ll enjoy a forested quiet space, yet you’ll be close to highway 80 with convenient access to Reno. Not only that, we love that it's not a gated community, which adds a friendly and inclusive vibe to this upscale community. Easily hop on your bike to cruise down to downtown Truckee to enjoy dinner at your favorite restaurant. If you have kids, Alder Creek Middle School is an exceptional school within walking distance of the neighborhood. In the winter, Northstar is a quick 15 minute drive away with access to world-class skiing and snowboarding with shopping and dining in The Village at Northstar.
The beauty of Gray’s Crossing is it offers five unique micro-neighborhoods, each boasting its own cadence and flavor:
- The Woods: We love “The Woods” for its forested feel. These homes snake around the 7th fairway and up into the woods giving this micro neighborhood a nice quiet, secluded feeling.
- The Meadows: These sunny parcels are located near the Golf Club. If you’re looking for more space, many of these parcels are larger than the standard .35 acre.
- The Bluffs: On the other side of hwy 89 and separate from the golf course, the Bluffs offer a low-key forested living experience.
- The Ridge: Overlooking holes 5-8, many of The Ridge parcels offer vista views and a gorgeous western exposure, which is perfect for afternoon gatherings.
- Fairways: This small enclave of properties boasts cul-de-sac locations and gorgeous views towards the east and the Carson Range.
Truckee’s Best Kept Secret: PJ’s
Truckee’s best kept secret for outdoor dining and entertainment is PJ’s. Located at the club, PJ’s seasonal menu boasts bold summer flavors carefully crafted with fresh, local and sustainable ingredients. Enjoy lunch and dinner from 11-8pm daily. This summer, they’re working to bring back their concert series. Every Tuesday, you can enjoy live music starting June 29 through August 17.
A Peter Jacobsen/Jim Hardy designed championship golf course, The Golf Club at Gray's Crossing gives golfers a premier 18-hole mountain course experience. Golfers will feel challenged with this demanding course that pushes you to use a combination of creative club choices and tactical strategies. You’ll always have a fun, but challenging experience when you play at Gray’s Crossing. The breathtaking mountain views are an added bonus.
Your Gray’s Crossing Neighborhood Experts
We know this neighborhood inside and out. If you’re ready to call Gray’s Crossing home, let us guide you to the perfect property. Contact our team today to get started.